26000 Bricks Privacy Notice
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by 26000bricks.org.uk is controlled primarily by 26000 Bricks, C/O 5 Woodland View, Pontypool, Torfean, NP4 6NS. 26000 Bricks is a registered Charity in the United Kingdom (in progress).
What Personal Information About Customers Does 26000bricks.org.uk Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at 26000bricks.org.uk. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, promotions, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your news letter accounts with us, and services that might be of interest to you.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses 26000bricks.org.uk.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from 26000bricks.org.uk if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please use the stop email box on "Contact us" menu.
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features to you.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of 26000bricks.org.uk's most innovative and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does 26000bricks.org.uk share the Information it receives?
Information about our donators is an important part of our charity and we are not in the business of selling it to others. 26000bricks.org.uk shares customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated charities. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Protection of 26000bricks.org.uk and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of 26000bricks.org.uk, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
These third-party websites and advertisers, or Internet advertising companies working on their behalf, sometimes use technology to send (or "serve") the advertisements that appear on our website directly to your browser.
What Information Can I Access?
26000bricks.org.uk gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with 26000bricks.org.uk for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such 26000bricks.org.uk features.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please use the stop email box on "Contact us" menu.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Are Children Allowed to Use 26000bricks.org.uk?
26000bricks.org.uk does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use 26000bricks.org.uk only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.